Carbon monoxide exposure can result in serious or permanent side effects; sometimes the results of exposure can be fatal. When carbon monoxide poisoning is caused by the negligence of another individual or entity, victims may have the right to seek compensation for medical expenses and other damages.
A 13-year-old boy is dead and eight other people were hospitalized after the group was found unconscious at a hotel’s indoor pool in southern Michigan.
According to reports, hotel employees found six unresponsive children, ranging in age from 12 – 14, on the deck of the indoor pool and in the breakfast area adjacent to the pool, after noticing their bodies through a window. Another child, who police said had just left the pool area, was found unresponsive in a first floor hotel room. When police arrived, carbon monoxide levels were at 800 parts per million in the pool, 16 times the safety limit.