Published on:

Be Covered: Know Your Insurance Benefits

Approximately sixteen percent of drivers in the U.S. don’t have insurance, and one just ran into you. You were seriously injured. Now you have medical bills, lost wages, and you’re in pain. What do you do now? You probably won’t be making a claim against the person who caused the accident because most people who drive without insurance don’t have enough money to justify the time and expense of making a claim against them. If you have uninsured or under-insured motorist coverage through your insurance company, you can submit a claim to your own insurance company. Uninsured motorist insurance can cover medical bills, pain and suffering, and loss of wages. Under-insured motorist coverage applies when the person who caused your auto accident has insurance, but the limits are not high enough to fully compensate you for your losses. Here’s an example:

A woman who claimed a shoulder injury and acromioclavicular joint arthritis, and underwent two arthroscopic surgeries, sought under-insured motorist coverage from Allstate Indemnity Co. The driver who caused the accident had insurance coverage that only paid $50,000. Fortunately, she had under-insurance coverage, so she was able to be compensated for the remaining damages under her policy with Allstate, but not before they attempted to deny her claim
If the insurance company has denied your insurance benefits after an auto accident, or if you are getting the run-around from your insurance adjuster, you should seek an experienced auto accident attorney. Suffering a personal injury from an auto accident is bad enough, but when the insurance company refuses to negotiate or settle a claim in good faith in lieu of preserve its own profits, the impact can be devastating for the victim. A delay can be an emotional and financial strain on a plaintiff. Sometimes it will cause a plaintiff to want to settle for less than fair compensation. This is not the best solution. Justice is not served and the victim does not receive what he/she deserves.

This all-to-common situation is a perfect candidate for assistance from a reputable lawsuit funding company who can provide financial assistance to injured and disabled plaintiffs involved in a pending litigation. A series of well-placed non-recourse lawsuit advances can often ease the financial pressure to settle early and cheap. For a free analysis of your case funding situation, call, toll free, 1-877-377-SUIT (7848) or visit us on the web at

Additionally, Lawsuit Financial, the pro-justice lawsuit funding company urges you call your agent today and ask him/her if you have uninsured and/or under-insured motorist insurance. If you don’t, purchase them. Ask your agent what the maximum limits available to you are and, if you can afford it, purchase the maximum limits for both. If you ever find yourself seriously injured as the result of the negligent driving of an uninsured/under-insured/hit & run driver, you will be very glad you reviewed and upgraded your coverage.