Once a plaintiff files a personal injury lawsuit it takes time to wind through the legal process during which time the plaintiff may feel financial pressures. In most cases, the defendant will attempt to settle early offering less than the expected full settlement value of the case. When a plaintiff is already feeling the financial pressures, the offer may be enticing. Fortunately, plaintiffs have another alternative – lawsuit funding.
What is lawsuit funding?
Filing and seeing a case through the legal system can, and typically does, put a strain on finances. Lawsuit funding is a non-recourse cash advance to help plaintiffs pay mounting bills while giving their attorney needed time to achieve a fair and full settlement.
Why is lawsuit funding a smart alternative?
• If the case loses the plaintiff is not required to pay back any funds.
• No employment verification.
• No credit checks.
• No upfront fees or monthly payments.
• No risk funding. Repayment is only made if, and when the plaintiff successfully settles.
• No strings attached. The money can be used however the plaintiff sees fit, but is typically used to avoid foreclosure, pay medical expenses, auto payments, and other pressing bills.
• Funds can be obtained in less than 48 hours.
How does a plaintiff obtain lawsuit funding?
• Complete an online application or call 877-377-7848, toll-free.
• Once an application is received, the funding company will request pertinent case documentation from the plaintiff’s attorney.
• The case is reviewed by the underwriting team.
• If approved, the applicant is sent a contract for review and approval. The plaintiff’s attorney will also sign the contract.
• Funds are available within 1 – 2 days of signed contract.
If you are a plaintiff in a pending lawsuit at risk of losing your home and struggling to make ends meet, don’t settle for less. Look for the smarter alternative – lawsuit funding!